Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blumoon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 22, 2007
Hi,
Just got my first mac on Wed and I have a couple of questions.
When I compose a new email, the window always opens in full-screen. I resize it but how do I keep my settings?

Also, when I open anything, the window opens in the top left corner of my screen. Is there anyway to change the position of the window upon opening....say bottom middle?

I took a screenshot with Grab and saved it but the file was too large to email. How do I change that and what format should I send screen shots? jpeg?

When viewing a website, how do I send a link to someone of the website?

Thanks for any help you can give me. Right now I'm enjoying my new iMac but I have a lot to learn and explore. I've been a Windows user for many years and am thrilled to have my first mac! :)

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
dont know the answers to all of your questions

But you should be able to alter the size of the image slightly in mail. Image size in the bottom right hand corner

With tools like onyx in the parameters tab you can change the format of the screen capture and the default save destination.

In safari use shift, command I to email the link and command and I to email the contents.

Its in the file menu

blumoon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 22, 2007
In safari use shift, command I to email the link and command and I to email the contents.

Its in the file menu

It is indeed in the file menu, I missed it. Thanks so much for your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.