Resolved Mail removes all my stars on my web gmail. What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by NazgulRR, Jul 27, 2011.

1. NazgulRR, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011

NazgulRR macrumors 6502

I have always used gmail on web (browser), but now with the new conversation view in Mail I finally decided to try it.

So after synching my gmail account in Mail, I went to see how my account looks on gmail.com now and, lo and behold, all stars next to my emails vanished. And that was about 7 years/2GBs worth of emails with different stars :(.

I tried re-starring some of my emails and after another sync in Mail they got removed again on gmail.com

What am I doing wrong?

I want to use Mail, but I still want my starred emails to show as starred on www.gmail.com.

2. NazgulRR thread starter macrumors 6502

I think I might have found out - do the starred emails from gmail show up as "flagged" in Mail?

If so, then I remember unflagging ALL of them. Grrr. Any way to undo this action? (I don't have a Time Machine backup)

3. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

yes, flagging in mail is starred in google

4. NazgulRR thread starter macrumors 6502

Is there any way to make different flags in Mail to correspond to different stars in gmail?

There are 7 different flags in Mail and 9 different stars on gmail.com (added via gmail labs).

5. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

not really sure on that

I have used the flagging in SL, but I think I only ever had the default flag show up on gmail website

6. NazgulRR thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what I'm getting in Mail on Lion as well. Kinda useless to me that way :/