Mail - Reply All?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by petrucci666, Jul 16, 2013.

1. petrucci666 macrumors 6502a

I've been experience some trouble lately with Mail. It's more of an annoyance.

Let's say I'm on an email with 4 people. I'm CC'ed on the email. When I hit Reply All, it puts my email address in the CC tab again. Which means, when I do reply to all, I'll get an email from myself with the reply I just sent to the others.

I'm confident it shouldn't be this way

Is this a bug? Any way to turn it off?

2. Zerozal macrumors 6502

Outlook on Windows works exactly the same way. "Reply All" truly means All.

3. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Okay

Under Preferences>Composing, is "automatically cc myself" checked?

I just clicked reply all to a group email and I wasn't included in the address field, and I can't recall a time when I ever was.

4. fivedots macrumors 6502a

No, it doesn't on my end. If I hit "Reply All" on a message where I am CC'd, I am not a recipient.

Also, Outlook pro-tip which comes in handy for me: If you want to reply to an item you sent so the conversation remains intact, a normal "Reply" will get you an email back to yourself. A "Reply All" will create a reply to recipient only. I love how Gmail works this way by default.

5. jaycarroll macrumors regular

This isn't standard behavior, it only began for me after upgrading OS X. Anyone have any luck preventing this?

6. petrucci666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

You're right. If you Reply All, you should not also be a recipient. What's the point of making you a recipient of a message you just typed up? You know what I mean? This is definitely a bug.

I still haven't found a way to prevent it, it is very annoying to have to manually remove myself from the recipient box. I've tried this on both Gmail (personal) and Outlook Web App (work) and when I hit Reply All, it does NOT list me under recipient.