mail rules

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nehas91, Sep 17, 2009.

1. nehas91 macrumors member

does anybody know how I can get rid of the rules in mac mail. I applied the rules but now I want to get rid of it, I tried deleting the rules through the mail preferences but the messages in my inbox still display with the rules still applied to them. Deleting the rules through the mail preferences didn't change anything in the inbox. Is there another way to do this? Thanks in advance.

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

As far as I know, once a rule has run, deleting the rule will not "undo" whatever action the rule did the last time it ran.

i.e. a rule that puts all emails from MacRumors in a mailbox called "Forums" won't put those emails back into the inbox when you delete the rule

Do you have some specific examples?

3. nehas91 thread starter macrumors member

yes, I made a rule that if I received an email from 'JD1'-the email would be highlighted purple. But I want to get rid of that since now my inbox has purple highlights throughout it, it very distracting. Is there any way to manually get rid of it?

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

Off the top of my head, I'm not sure how to manually reset the color. :confused:

I'm lazy and would just make another rule to reset the color back to normal, and then delete that rule.

If someone does know how to manually reset the color, hopefully they'll reply. :)