Mail search/spotlight not working in Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by emoeric, Jan 23, 2008.

1. emoeric macrumors member

Hey everyone, buenos dias!

First I have conducted a search and typed almost identically what my title is 'mail search not working'. After 30 minutes I gave up and decided to post a new thread.

My scenario is very very simple, Mail search is not working AT ALL. In tiger, it used to work just fine. Now in Leopard it does not pull one result, not one. Recently I upgraded to Leopard and it has been an upwards battle since then. I believe this could be related to my upgrade of my HD and Leopard. If people are serious about helping me out, please read my procedure that I went through in upgrading. It's pretty typical, but I am still having slow startups and do not know how to fix it.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=419722&highlight=slow+startup+HD+leopard

Is this no mail search related to the slow startups? Can I re index the drive? would it help the mail app? just some simple points and pushes in the right direction is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance, oh wise mac community.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Firstly, thank you for attempting a search. It's appreciated. :)

Now, I reckon the two problems very well could be related. For simplicity's sake I'll continue in your other thread. :)

3. emoeric thread starter macrumors member

Mad Jew, you are welcome. Thanks for helping me out. I posted a long post in regards to new developments in my issue. I am posting here so that I can get your attention and others. Please go back to my original thread. Thanks pal :D