Mail SENT Shows GMAIL messages previously filed locally!

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by frankc23, Nov 12, 2013.

1. frankc23 macrumors newbie

I am running Mavericks. Ever since the Nov. 8 Mail update, the following happens (on both my iMac and MacBook Air):

In GMAIL only, my SENT box shows many emails (thousands) which I'd previously filed into local Mailbox folders in Mail. Now there are two copies: one in the local folder, the other in SENT.

What setting do I change in GMAIL to keep filed messages in their local folder? Or is it a problem with Mail?

Thanks,

Frank

2. robgendreau macrumors 68040

What are your settings in gmail on the web? Those emails have probably always been there cuz you never deleted them from "sent" label. Gmail doesn't necessarily delete files just because you move them locally in Mail.app, although that may be changing. But it wasn't the case with your older emails I suspect.

3. frankc23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually, I haven't changed any of my GMAIL setting at Google itself for years.

After the Nov 8 Mail Update from Apple, I noticed that over 5000 additional messages showed up in my SENT mailbox, most of them had been previously filed in local mailboxes for archival purposes (and indeed are still there). Those previously filed messages were not in the SENT box prior to the Nov. 8 Apple Mail Update.

No other mailboxes, IN included, have been affected.