Mail settings for "@mail.com" email address?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hdt, Feb 4, 2011.

1. hdt macrumors newbie

My Mac Mail keeps rejecting mail.com email addresses. I can turn the accounts online temporarily but a few minutes later Mail starts asking for password again and again.

Current settings are;
    User name; ***@mail.com
    Incoming mail sever address; imap.aol.com
    Outgoing mail server address; smtp.aol.com / port; 587

If anyone is able to use mail.com email address on Mac Mail without troubles, please let me know the correct settings.

Thanks!

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Check on both the incoming and outgoing settings that the full email address is actually being used, not just the part before the @mail.com (Mail's default settings removed that from the username for me). I just created and then set up in Mail a new @mail.com email address, using those same exact settings you listed, and it works perfectly.

jW

3. jamii3e macrumors newbie

If your outgoing mail message was responding as a "failure smpt.aol.com" blah blah & if you have another email address as well, of course, I JUST found out that I fixed my own problem by switching the Primary Server (smpt.aol.com) off and switching ON Other SMTP servers in your Settings under AOL Account Information.

I found AOL officially sucks LOL and won't help with anything, and it obviously isn't a "iPhone" technicality.

Hope this was what you were looking for!!
    (P.s this was step by step for my IPhone (not MacBook, IPad or any others... But hey why couldn't it still work?)