Mail setup frustration

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mr. Bad Example, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Mr. Bad Example macrumors newbie

Mr. Bad Example

Good day all!

I'd really appreciate some help from somebody out there.
    I cannot setup iOS mail to function with my chosen account.

I have my Outlook account set up as default on my iPhones and iPad. The account receives mail with no problem and appears to function normally until I try to send mail. When I initiate sending mail, it automatically attempts to send from a different account, my Aol account...
    So, I go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Accounts>Outlook Account, where I see at the top of the screen my Aol account e-mail address in the account section. When I change this from the Aol address to my Outlook address, it appears to hanged for a moment, then changes back.

The same issue occurs on 3 different devices. I have tried deleting the Aol account from the device to see if that fixes it, but it doesn't. I have also tried deleting my Outlook account and setting it up again.

I cannot for the life of me understand why it would do this. I cannot think of any association the Aol account has with iCloud or anything else Apple.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. beernut macrumors 6502

in the compose screen, does it (the aol address) happen to show in the "cc, bcc, from" field?

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

If you're talking about an Outlook.com email address try setting it up as "Exchange".

4. Mr. Bad Example thread starter macrumors newbie

Mr. Bad Example

OK, so it appears to be an issue on Microsoft's side.
    I delved a little deeper, and realised that the Aol account is linked to my Outlook account. I deleted the Aol account form Outlook and now the mail app defaults to the next associated account on the list...
    So I've located the problem, but not solved it!