Mail Signature isnt working??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bluedoggiant, Dec 5, 2007.

1. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

i am using the leopard mail client, i have both my gmail, and .mac set up in it, i goto preferences>signatures, then i select all signatures, there is one in by default, it has my name, and both email addresses, i cut that all down to just my first name, when i goto compose a new message, in the signatures drop down, there is nothing

2. AppliedMicro macrumors 6502a

Any updates on this?
    Any hints, comments how to troubleshoot this?

I cannot get mail signatures to work at all. Nothing shows up in the dropdown, no matter what mail account, what signature. Well... my mailboxes, database and the like stem back from OS X 10.2 and there may be something messed up. Still, there must be a way to get this working. It worked fine in 10.4...

3. zygissimo macrumors newbie

As I understood, you have a problem with signature choice. As far as I know, You have to create signatures in your specific account. i mean when you go to preferences->signatures, you have to add new signatures not in the "all signatures" field, but in the field of one of yours account (for example POP xxxxxx). The you will be able to choose the default signature and/or choose it in drop down menu during composing the letter.

4. AppliedMicro macrumors 6502a

Hi. Thanks for your reply... I really think the interface for managing signatures could be improved. To me it's one of the worst elements of OS X, interface-wise.

Anyway... I assigned the signatures to the individual user accounts and tried creating a new one for a specific account - still, nothing shows up in the dropdown menu. :(