mail smart mailboxes

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Lokrado, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Lokrado macrumors regular

is there any way i can make a mailbox that says say

cointains any of these - bla bla bla
    but does not cointiain any of these - alb alb alb

?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

There used to be a somewhat complicated (depending on your computing acumen) way to do this...

http://oyam.ca/articles/complex_criteria_with_smart_mailboxes.html

Essentially the rules are coded into fairly straightforward script, and if one edits that script directly, one can do some fancier things fairly easily. I'm not sure if there's a GUI-based way to do it now or not.

3. Lokrado thread starter macrumors regular

thanks

thank you, the specified article was a good read, it does however not address the issue of "but not if contains any/all of these"

I was making a mailbox for purchases using words like shipment order and such
    this would be fine if the smartmailbox didn't pick up stuff from rss feeds like appleinsider.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

No, it does address that... Basically, what you should be able to do is add in all the things that you don't want as if you wanted them. Then you go into the plist file and modify the appropriate expression = "your criteria" to expressio != "your criteria" or change the appropriate TRUE boolean to FALSE. That should work... but again, I'm not sure if there isn't an easier way.

5. Lokrado thread starter macrumors regular

sure

U sure about this?

because logically if i put a does not contain statement under an any setup wouldn't it just mean everything else gets pulled into the box, thus overwriting the does contain statement.