but does not cointiain any of these - alb alb alb

?

Lokrado

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Denmark
thanks

thank you, the specified article was a good read, it does however not address the issue of "but not if contains any/all of these"

I was making a mailbox for purchases using words like shipment order and such
this would be fine if the smartmailbox didn't pick up stuff from rss feeds like appleinsider.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
thank you, the specified article was a good read, it does however not address the issue of "but not if contains any/all of these"

I was making a mailbox for purchases using words like shipment order and such
this would be fine if the smartmailbox didn't pick up stuff from rss feeds like appleinsider.
No, it does address that... Basically, what you should be able to do is add in all the things that you don't want as if you wanted them. Then you go into the plist file and modify the appropriate expression = "your criteria" to expressio != "your criteria" or change the appropriate TRUE boolean to FALSE. That should work... but again, I'm not sure if there isn't an easier way.

Lokrado

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Denmark
sure

U sure about this?

because logically if i put a does not contain statement under an any setup wouldn't it just mean everything else gets pulled into the box, thus overwriting the does contain statement.