Mail sometimes really unstable

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by POWERCOM, Sep 19, 2008.

1. POWERCOM macrumors member

POWERCOM

So there is this awesome Mail app called Mail, lol. I am using it since I got my mac on march 08. It was working great but the last few weeks it started to not responding anymore and it got very unstable. Even after the OS X and mail updates. Maybe that's the thing? Mail got so unstable because of the new updates?

Are you experiencing any similiar things or is it just me.

Just wanted to tell you.. I hope Apple will do something soon

2. pwn247 macrumors 6502

pwn247

Never had a problem with Mail. It's never crashed on me, it's never become unresponsive, and it's never tunneled me into a kernel panic. :p

But if you're experiencing problems, try another mail application like Mozilla Thunderbird (free, http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/)

3. Habusho macrumors 6502

Mail is crashing for me too at the moment. I won't quit when asked to do so. I have to do a force quit on it. It then starts normally though.

4. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

I'm getting the exact same problem with mail. Not really a pain until I have to restart my MBP (after software updates) then I also have to do a force quit on it, which I can only do from Activity Monitor.

5. goobimama macrumors regular

Assuming that you have IMAP mail with everything stored on a server, just delete your mail database on your hard drive and reset the whole thing. Give it an hour or so sync up again and it will be back in business all over again! Try and keep unwanted mails in folders instead of in the inbox as having millions of messages in there gets it a little sluggish.