Mail sort of doesn't quit...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macsarethebest, Oct 8, 2009.

1. macsarethebest macrumors regular

Hi everybody, here's what is happening. Whenever I quit Mail by using :apple: Q The window dissapears, but it is still open. The only way to really close it is to force quit. Does anybody esle have this problem, or a solution? Thanks for any help ;)

2. hodgeheg macrumors regular

I have this problem if my network connection suffers a problem during the middle of a send/receive/sync operation in Mail. This usually happens when my VPN connection at work dies, because the computer doesn't realise it's lost network connection because it can still see the wireless network itself, but as soon as the VPN flakes out the wireless network stops actually sending any useful data.

I find that if I turn airport off it often makes Mail quit, but not always. Sometimes I have to force quit.

I don't know how long you're waiting - it may simply be in the middle of a send/receive, in which case it is correct behaviour for it to not quit until that finishes.