Mail & Spam on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 2Sticky, Jul 24, 2009.

1. 2Sticky macrumors regular

So on my Mac I can class emails as spam and they will always go in the Junk mail box, so all is fine there, however on my iPhone an I do something like this?

I get so much spam which would be in my junk mail box on my Mac, but comes to my inbox on my phone.

Is there anything I can do?

Using a gmail account if that helps in anyway.

2. TheMBC macrumors 6502

I feel the same. I wonder if moving it to the spam folder classifies it as Spam, like it would in Gmail. I would assume not.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Moving it to the spam folder does not do that. I have the same complaint about Yahoo Mail. I hate when I open a spam that I just have to delete it, since there's no option to specify it as spam. Apple could have enabled this, but just chose not to (or Yahoo wasn't allowed to...not sure who actually writes the app).

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I have my school email filter out SPAM 24/7. I also have a Blacklist (Blocks selected email addresses) and Whitelist (Allows questionable emails by permission); something of this nature would be nice with gmail. I've noticed recently that gmail has been allowing SPAM at about 10 per day, and even when I put the SPAM in the SPAM folder, it seems to wiggle its way back into my Inbox later on when they send another one....:(

5. 2Sticky thread starter macrumors regular

Yea the spam folder thing doesn't seem to work, seems odd that mail is a good feature to have but you don't get ay sort of spam filter! :S

6. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

I don't know how odd it is - the iPhone mail clients for any of the services lack features that you find in desktop versions.

7. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Same here. I thought Gmail was renowned for it's spam protection.

8. TheMBC macrumors 6502

I don't get 10/day but I do get a lot more now, which is like 1 every other day or so. Always someone from Nigeria needing money. :rolleyes:

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I find GMail's spam filters very, very effective. I usually help them out by marking anything that does go through as SPAM by logging onto the web client. My spam folder is PACKED full of spam...