Mail stopped pulling e-mails from gmail server

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cleung, Jul 15, 2008.

1. cleung macrumors regular

I just added my gmail account on Mail and it spent the weekend downloading the thousands of e-mails I have on gmail, which is fine. However, it stopped downloading mail when it reached "March 22, 2008". So everything from when I first got gmail to March 22 was downloaded but nothing since then. I just got more e-mails on gmail today but for some reason Mail refuses to download it. What's wrong? How can I make it continue?

2. cleung thread starter macrumors regular

Forgot to add that my gmail account was set on pop if that makes any difference. Can anyone help?

3. insanepilot macrumors newbie

insanepilot

Mail has a setting that removes mail off the server itself after such and such a date or length of time. Do have that turned off, or set for earlier than March 22nd? Make sure all the mail is still on gmail, and that none of it is archived.

4. cleung thread starter macrumors regular

I am aware of that function and it's not turned on. Plus, even if it was turned on, it wouldn't make any sense. It downloaded everything I have from 2006 up till March 22, 2008 but nothing from March 22, 2008 to today. It's not retrieving ANY new mail at all....