Mail stuck in setup screen

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by cleung, Nov 3, 2013.

1. cleung macrumors regular

I got my new 13" rMBP last week. I used migration assistant to migrate from my old MBA. Everything migrated but I can't open Mail. I verified that all my mail folders are actually in Library>Mail but Mail can't read anything. Even if I tried to set everything up all over again, Mail won't let me. It is constantly stuck in this screen? Help!

Attached Files:

2. ivnj macrumors 65816

So make another google account. You can have as many gmail as you like nobody cares. I have 7 my self. And then click google and set it up. Then the window will disappear. Then in preferences delete the account and you're good. Don't keep it so next time you can do the same thing and don't have to register another gmail account.

3. cleung thread starter macrumors regular

I've tried that. As I mentioned, if I tried to set up everything again, it won't let me. I can't create any account. Creating a new account will just lead to a blank mail screen like this.

Plus, I can't just create accounts. I need access to my old mail and my existing accounts. I am the owner of a small business and all my work email was there which I can no longer access (except through web mail) or my other computers.

Attached Files: