Mail Threads, Gmail, and iOS 4.0

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by PecanEater, Jun 24, 2010.

1. PecanEater macrumors 6502

PecanEater

I've noticed that the threads in my iPhone in box have fewer messages than the same thread in my gmail account.

First, the sent messages definitely do not show up as part of the thread. Can this be changed?

Second, it seems that some other messages are missing. It appears that after a reply and answer exchange the thread ends.

Any way to make this more like gmail?

2. PecanEater thread starter macrumors 6502

PecanEater

3. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

It could be your mail settings where you tell it how many mail messages to retrieve. I think the default is to sync the last 50 messages. If a message in a conversation was older than that, it may not show up on the phone...

4. PecanEater thread starter macrumors 6502

PecanEater

Thanks for the suggestion. I changed this setting but it doesn't help. I've looked a little closer and now I'm more confused. A couple of really old threads from my inbox have the exact same number of messages as on my web gmail and include my sent mail also. Others don't include any of my "sent" messages. Others don't even have all of the messages from the other party. Confusing and frustrating.