Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PecanEater

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
I've noticed that the threads in my iPhone in box have fewer messages than the same thread in my gmail account.

First, the sent messages definitely do not show up as part of the thread. Can this be changed?

Second, it seems that some other messages are missing. It appears that after a reply and answer exchange the thread ends.

Any way to make this more like gmail?

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
It could be your mail settings where you tell it how many mail messages to retrieve. I think the default is to sync the last 50 messages. If a message in a conversation was older than that, it may not show up on the phone...

PecanEater

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
It could be your mail settings where you tell it how many mail messages to retrieve. I think the default is to sync the last 50 messages. If a message in a conversation was older than that, it may not show up on the phone...

Thanks for the suggestion. I changed this setting but it doesn't help. I've looked a little closer and now I'm more confused. A couple of really old threads from my inbox have the exact same number of messages as on my web gmail and include my sent mail also. Others don't include any of my "sent" messages. Others don't even have all of the messages from the other party. Confusing and frustrating.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.