Mail trouble

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pkr91, Mar 7, 2011.

1. pkr91 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I recently purchased a new iMac, but i am having some trouble with the Mail.app, witch I am using for a SBCGlobal account.

In some mails the text only show up as a bunch of AAAAAAA's. On my other computers, and when i'm forwarding it to other people, it appears fine. I already checked that default encoding in Safari is set to Western ISO Latin 1.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Are you sending via HTML email or Plain Text? Are you using IMAP or POP email? Have you cleared the font cache (I use the program called Yasu)?

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

What does the text encoding in Safari have to do with the appearance of your text in Mail?

4. pkr91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Doesn't Mail use Safari to view HTML? I am using POP and i'm composing mail in HTML. Maybe i just should reset mail and setup my mail account again. Which files do i need to delete in order to reset Mail completely?

5. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Mail uses Webkit, which is the same underlying engine that Safari uses, but Mail does not use Safari itself. It also does not respond to changes in the settings in Safari, as those settings are strictly for Safari and not for Webkit or Mail.

jW

6. pkr91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Can't get it to work. I tried both resetting fonts and deleting the settings in mail.app. Attached is a screen shot.
    [​IMG]

7. rainkid macrumors newbie

Any resolution to this issue?