iPhone Mail Tweek

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by evotoiphone, Dec 14, 2014.

1. evotoiphone macrumors regular

Long ago there used to be a Tweek that after clicking on a link in email when doe you could go back to the email. Anyone know the name or if something similar is available for ios 8?

2. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I believe you're thinking of BrowseInApp by Alan Yip. Is that the tweak? I used to LOVE that tweak. Sadly, he no longer updates it. He released ProWidgets for iOS 7 last year and that replaced BrowseInApp. While ProWidgets is certainly impressive, I didn't buy it because I don't need all that extra stuff. I just want a simple window to open when I click a link to check something out real quick and then go back to the main app I am using. Oh well, luckily the new devices are so fast it doesn't really matter. Man I forgot about BrowseInApp. I miss that tweak!

Anyways, not sure that's the tweak you're thinking of. If it's not, I'd love to know what it is because I'd love that functionality if it were available and lightweight.

3. evotoiphone thread starter macrumors regular

The name doesn't ring a bell but it has been so long that it could have been that. Thanks

4. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

Browse in app sounds like a great tweak. Wish we had something like that.

5. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

It really was great. Whatever app you were in, if you clicked a link, it opened a super simple window that loaded whatever the link was so you could check it out real quick. It had buttons to refresh, go back or forward, and also a button to open in safari I think. On top of that, and I could be wrong, but if you clicked an App Store link it did the exact same thing as a webpage. It would load up that app's App Store page just like you were in the App Store without actually having to exit the original app. It was extremely handy for quickly checking stuff out on the fly.

6. Regal macrumors regular

Regal

I also remember this tweak, it was really good.