Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evotoiphone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
Mass
Long ago there used to be a Tweek that after clicking on a link in email when doe you could go back to the email. Anyone know the name or if something similar is available for ios 8?

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Long ago there used to be a Tweek that after clicking on a link in email when doe you could go back to the email. Anyone know the name or if something similar is available for ios 8?

I believe you're thinking of BrowseInApp by Alan Yip. Is that the tweak? I used to LOVE that tweak. Sadly, he no longer updates it. He released ProWidgets for iOS 7 last year and that replaced BrowseInApp. While ProWidgets is certainly impressive, I didn't buy it because I don't need all that extra stuff. I just want a simple window to open when I click a link to check something out real quick and then go back to the main app I am using. Oh well, luckily the new devices are so fast it doesn't really matter. Man I forgot about BrowseInApp. I miss that tweak!

Anyways, not sure that's the tweak you're thinking of. If it's not, I'd love to know what it is because I'd love that functionality if it were available and lightweight.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
I believe you're thinking of BrowseInApp by Alan Yip. Is that the tweak? I used to LOVE that tweak. Sadly, he no longer updates it. He released ProWidgets for iOS 7 last year and that replaced BrowseInApp. While ProWidgets is certainly impressive, I didn't buy it because I don't need all that extra stuff. I just want a simple window to open when I click a link to check something out real quick and then go back to the main app I am using. Oh well, luckily the new devices are so fast it doesn't really matter. Man I forgot about BrowseInApp. I miss that tweak!

Anyways, not sure that's the tweak you're thinking of. If it's not, I'd love to know what it is because I'd love that functionality if it were available and lightweight.

Browse in app sounds like a great tweak. Wish we had something like that.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Browse in app sounds like a great tweak. Wish we had something like that.

It really was great. Whatever app you were in, if you clicked a link, it opened a super simple window that loaded whatever the link was so you could check it out real quick. It had buttons to refresh, go back or forward, and also a button to open in safari I think. On top of that, and I could be wrong, but if you clicked an App Store link it did the exact same thing as a webpage. It would load up that app's App Store page just like you were in the App Store without actually having to exit the original app. It was extremely handy for quickly checking stuff out on the fly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.