Mail - Verification request of sent mail.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Halcyon, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Halcyon macrumors 6502

I don't know what this function is called, all I know is that it is available in some mail programs and just wanted to know if it is available in Mail...and if so, how to implement it.

What I'm talking about is a function/procedure that when you send an email to someone, you can request a verification (that comes back to you via mail of course) that this person did receive the mail. I don't know if the verification takes place when the receiver downloads mails from his server, or maybe when he opens the mail in question if he's browsing via web viewer.

Is this possible?

TIA

2. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

Return Receipts. Mail doesn't do that. Hopefully it's a feature that will be in Leopard.

3. Halcyon thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. Is there any mail program for Mac (Entourage, Thunderbird, etc.) that does it?

TIA

4. andrewheard macrumors regular

Thunderbird does it. There's a way you can make Mail do it too but it does it for all messages, you can't pick on an individual basis.

Edit: Link

5. JBat macrumors regular

JBat

Does anybody have any opinions on Thunderbird versu Mail? Mail seems okay, but a little under-featured. I'm coming off of Outlook, which has all the bells and whistles obviously, but you have to use Windoze to get it :D

Is TB a viable option to Mail or do most prefer Mail?

6. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I prefer Mail but at work mail just seems to let me down once too often so I try using Thunderbord too. And it's not as bad as any of us would anticipate. I rank it right up there with Mail.
    Give it a try :)