Mail - verifying bcc was sent?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by VintageMac, Oct 30, 2008.

1. VintageMac macrumors member

I have made the mistake a few times of forgetting to add the group e-mail addresses in the "bcc" line. I use my own address in the "To" line. So now I am a bit paranoid after having sent out such e-mail, but there is no way that I am aware of to go back and check whether I included their addresses in the "bcc" line, since it is blind as well in my sent folder. Or is there a trick to checking this?

Vintage

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you're using Mail, go to your Sent Items folder. The email should show who you sent it to, including BCC. You can also add yourself to the BCC list.

3. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I recommend the adding your address to the BCC field. The TO field is optional if BCC is used, so you will get a copy and you are guaranteed that you send the BCC list. :D

4. VintageMac thread starter macrumors member

iShater, Just tried it, including anything in the To line does work, so as long as it is in my Sent folder I will know it went out. Thanks.

ggjstudios, the bcc line does not show in the sent folder, unless there is a way to turn this on and off that I do not know about.

Vintage

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's strange. It shows on mine. Assuming it's the same version of Mail (3.5), I have no idea why you wouldn't see it.

Attached Files:

6. VintageMac thread starter macrumors member

Hmmm, maybe that's it. My version of Mail is 1.3.11.

Living up to my name,
    Vintage