Mail Version 5.3 (1283) - OSX 10.7.5 - how to avoid amalgamated e-mails?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Quackington, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Quackington macrumors member

Hi there,

My laptop is using OSX 10.7.5, with Mail 5.3 (1283). My desktop is on Snow Leopard and uses an older version of Mail. I don't use Mail on my laptop much, but when I do,I'm not keen on it because it amalgamates messages from the same sender like conversations in Gmail. On the e-mail list, you see a little icon in the bottom right corner with a number to show how many back and forths there have been. I'm not a fan of this style, and would like to change the setting so it shows each e-mail individually in the list. Is there a way to change this? The older versions of Mail don't have this feature (as default anyway).

Thanks.

2. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

On the current Mail there's a View by Conversation menu option under View. Is that missing from your version? I set mine to not view by conversation and to sort by date. It still highlights messages in the same conversation.

Any reason why you can't upgrade your mail?

3. Quackington thread starter macrumors member

Thanks very much, I unticked 'organise by conversation' and can now see every single e-mail separately.

In terms of not upgrading my Mail, I'm assuming I'm on the latest on on my laptop, my desktop is on Snow Leopard and has been for a while...it's a 2006 iMac, don't think it can get any further than that.

Thanks again.