Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benmrii

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
FL
Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Ever since it has been available the web interface has been absolute garbage. I get more error messages than successful reloads. This occurs on my Mac and on my PC in Safari and Firefox.

But for the last three days, I get this lovely combination. The first notifies me that email is down and that I should monitor the system status page. The system status page tells me all is well. I've gotten this consistently for three days.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 210

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
We are all aware...

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Ever since it has been available the web interface has been absolute garbage. I get more error messages than successful reloads. This occurs on my Mac and on my PC in Safari and Firefox.

But for the last three days, I get this lovely combination. The first notifies me that email is down and that I should monitor the system status page. The system status page tells me all is well. I've gotten this consistently for three days.
We are all aware of the problems... It has even been on the nightly news.

Welcome to mobileme... Apple has promised the service will be something they can be proud of by the end of the year...

They have given 90-days of free service and promise everything will be fixed in 120 days... hmmm

Mine has been working although glitchy...

Until Decenmber, use it with a grain of salt :)

benmrii

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
FL
We are all aware of the problems...

I'm sure many are, I just needed to vent. I can't believe how awful the me.com's email GUI is... It isn't that it is slow or sluggish, that some of the really cool features don't work, it just doesn't work. When breaking out the iPhone to check and send email is a better option than the web interface you have a problem.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
I avoid using the web app's all together. The sluggish and lag is dreadful - I just checked my email and clicked on "Sent" and nothing happened, so I clicked on Drafts, nothing. Then about 10 seconds, it went to Drafts, so I clicked Inbox, and then all of a sudden all the clicks came together and I went from drafts to sent to inbox.

Really, they should offer an alternative way to check your email on the web while they sort out all this.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
my mobile me web interface has been down since yesterday with the message you posted.

what ticks me off it that the link to the supportpage works and the support page shows all services working. maybe the web admin hasn't gotten the email that he should change the site to "1% of mobileme users experience problems with mail web app".

but then the webmaster is certainly on mobileme so how would he get emails?

is there another mail client that can use mobileme on a windows xp machine? it's a standard imap mail service so it should be possible.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

andiwm2003 said:
my mobile me web interface has been down since yesterday with the message you posted.

what ticks me off it that the link to the supportpage works and the support page shows all services working. maybe the web admin hasn't gotten the email that he should change the site to "1% of mobileme users experience problems with mail web app".

but then the webmaster is certainly on mobileme so how would he get emails?

is there another mail client that can use mobileme on a windows xp machine? it's a standard imap mail service so it should be possible.

Yes. Many. I use Outlook mainly because of the contact and calendar sync. Ihave also used with Windows Live Mail which is very nice. Really any IMAP client can be used.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
i reset safari now it works. clear cache wasn't enough, i had to reset.

i'll definately look into other clients, thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.