mail with gmail allways show new mail?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mrweirdo, Jan 27, 2008.

1. mrweirdo macrumors 6502

I'm noticing a weird problem with my gmail account i setup for use via the default setup with mail on my touch. Anyways for some reason the mail icon always show i have new unread mail even after I have already gone into mail and read those emails. Its really annoying to have a number on the mail icon when there shouldn't be.

I'm wondering if its a weird imap configuration issue with gmail? If so does anyone know how to fix it so the icon only shows new mail numbers when I actually have new unread mail? I need to figure this out somehow ;)

2. atsushioka13 macrumors newbie

me too also. Also it takes a long time to send and recieve.

3. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Did you go through and "read" every email the first time you set it up? I had to do that to get it to stop showing old email as "new".

4. mrweirdo thread starter macrumors 6502

I have indeed marked sure all emails were marked as read. At any rate I found a thread about the problem at apple discussions and someone stated to try holding down the sleep button while pushing down the home button(ignore the shutdown option on screen) to reboot the device. It seems to have worked for me. Must be some bug apple has yet to work out with imap ;)