Mail wonky in OS Maverick? Especially Gmail accounts?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by SD-B, Oct 28, 2013.

1. SD-B macrumors 6502

SD-B

I use MAIL on my MBP and I only upgraded to Maverick 2 days ago and all was fine. This morning, I started noticing some weird things in my Mail program.

If i opened up an email, once closed I couldn't find it again or at least easily and now looking down the sides to all my IMAP folders for Gmail accounts, most of the folders are all missing......and then under the main folders at the top I s suddenly have an Archived folder that wasn't there before but it seems to be archiving all my Sent mail, so I now have 2 folders of sent mail :p

So far i haven't lost any emails as i am double checking on another Mac I run that isn't on Maverick yet

I don't really imagine that there is a solution to this yet but wondering if it is happening to others with Gmail accounts using Mail?
    If so, and i know its not just me, than I will sit and wait for some sort of update to fix it.

On the other hand IF THIS IS THE NEW MAIL and I have missed something about it i don't like it :(

So just curious at this point to know if others with gmail are having the same issues?

2. Ditchley macrumors newbie

Gmail and Apple Mail.

Having the same problem. But in my case all email are missing. My other accounts are fine. I think this may be intentional from Apple as they may not want gmail on their system. Any information on this would be appreciated.

3. Fontane macrumors regular

I don't use gmail anymore (thank God) but came across this article which provides a great level of detail about the issues with gmail and mail.app.

Perhaps it will be useful to you.

http://tidbits.com/article/14219

4. SD-B thread starter macrumors 6502

SD-B

Thanks for that.

Ok, its time to switch over to an email program called MAILPLANE that i do use on my other Mac and its fantastic for Gmail.
    When you have several accounts as I do, its the only one that will let me access all accounts at once and let me do everything i need to do from it without ever having to go into the web, one account at a time.

Of course it only uses gmail accounts so one t he one macbook pro I run mail plan for all the gmail accounts and mail for my mac and rogers mail accounts.

Guess it is time to put it on the other machine as well.........

Glad to know it isn't just me though.......

5. LV426 macrumors 6502a

Interesting. If "Gmail has a wacky, highly nonstandard way of using IMAP" I for one am glad I don't use it!