Mail won't work (jailbroken/unlocked iphone)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tekniq, Jun 16, 2008.

1. tekniq macrumors newbie

Hello. I just jailbroke/unlocked my iphone via iLiberty. PRoblem is, when I try to access my inbox in my mail, it says "Cannot get mail. The user name or password for "imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com" is incorrect". The thing is, I can send out mail, but I can't receive any and the page won't upload. any help to fix this?

2. Ojsakila macrumors newbie

Ojsakila

Did you restore to a new phone or to a "back up?" make sure you restore to a new phone and then jailbreak. If you're still having trouble with the mail app you can find a fix in installer. Bigboss source I believe. I am on my phone now but I will hunt it down and post it shortly if no one else can find it for you...

3. tekniq thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the help brother..ill still keep searching. funny thing is, gmail works, but not hotmail.

4. Ojsakila macrumors newbie

Ojsakila

Hotmail will not work. Unless, of
    course, you pay them the twenty extra buucks for their premium service. Now you forward your hotmail to a gmail account. That's about it for you. Yahoo and hotmail SUCK anyway. Its time to move on...