Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

DND82

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2003
69
0
Is there any way to change the how many characters Mail word wraps when sending email? It's default is 72, however when I try to paste a URL thats greater than 72 characters it ends up getting wrapped and screwed up in the process.

I'm using tinyurl.com at the moment, which helps, but I would prefer to just cut and paste.

Thanks in advance,

Dane
 

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
10,709
63
USA
DND82 said:
Is there any way to change the how many characters Mail word wraps when sending email? It's default is 72, however when I try to paste a URL thats greater than 72 characters it ends up getting wrapped and screwed up in the process.

I'm using tinyurl.com at the moment, which helps, but I would prefer to just cut and paste.

Thanks in advance,

Dane
This is a solved problem. You should enclose your long URL is brackets like so: <http://www.my-extremely-long-domain-name.com/which.my.mother.told.to.use.for.this.example.if.you.catch.my.drift.asp>.
 
Comment

DND82

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2003
69
0
Sorry MisterMe, but that didn't work.

nice URL BTW. :D
 
Comment

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
10,709
63
USA
DND82 said:
Sorry MisterMe, but that didn't work.

nice URL BTW. :D
What do you mean, it "didn't work"? The URL will still break, but it should still be recognized as a single continuous URL. Even if your URL breaks into five lines, if you enclose it in brackets as I indicated, it will take you to the proper location when you click on it.
 
Comment

DND82

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2003
69
0
MisterMe said:
What do you mean, it "didn't work"? The URL will still break, but it should still be recognized as a single continuous URL. Even if your URL breaks into five lines, if you enclose it in brackets as I indicated, it will take you to the proper location when you click on it.

I emailed a friend a URL with brackets (<>), but it's doing the same the thing. My friend is using outlook express, would that be the problem?
 
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.