Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
The mail app keeps marking my emails as unread. I will read the mail, it'll remove the "new mail" badge, but when i close out of the app, the badges will reappear with the same emails marked as unread.

whats the deal? any fix for this?

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
The mail app keeps marking my emails as unread. I will read the mail, it'll remove the "new mail" badge, but when i close out of the app, the badges will reappear with the same emails marked as unread.

whats the deal? any fix for this?
It would be helpful if you could let us in on what kind of account you have set up.

Mac7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
ah yes
I have a hotmail account and a school email account setup with imap.

patp

Apr 10, 2008
the emails are probably reflecting how they appear in the hotmail account. You may be looking at them on your iPhone, but hotmail isn't being affected by that.

Have you tried deleting or moving emails on your hotmail account using a regular computer? then see if your phone reflects the changes?

must be a setting within Hotmail for synching with mobile devices. I'm a Gmail user so not totally familiar with Hotmail interface.

Mac7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
See the thing is thy this hang happen before till today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.