Mail

Discussion in 'macOS' started by BoxerBoy, Dec 25, 2015.

1. BoxerBoy macrumors member

In the Mail app on my Macbook, when I start to type in the recipients name, a list of email addresses appear for me to choose one.

Could someone please tell me how to delete some of those addresses

Thank you

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Normally they come from your address book. You can delete them right out of your contacts. If you have an Exchange account with LDAP support, they come from there and you won't be able to remove them.

3. JohnDS macrumors 65816

Pull down the Window menu in Mail to Previous Recipients. These previous recipients are used for the autocomplete and you can highlight and delete individual items. You may also need to delete obsolete items from your contacts lists.

4. BoxerBoy thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for this, unfortunately the list contains only names of people I have actually sent email to. The addresses I wish to remove are a number of addresses that were not entered accurately, and therefore no email was sent. They do not appear on that list. Any ideas please

5. JohnDS macrumors 65816

The only place that the e-mail addresses could be are on that list or in your address book. Most likely in that list. Try sorting the list by e-mail address rather than by name, by clicking on the e-mail address column header. You should find them then. You can also use the search function in the list.