mail

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by garyjcarr, Feb 7, 2008.

1. garyjcarr macrumors member

garyjcarr

I came home yesterday to discover I had received no email so I went to Hotmail and found I did indeed have mail. I checked my settings in preferences and they seemed fine. I rebooted my computer and I still couldn't receive mail although I could send it. I called technical support at my server and they checked it and said the problem was with my mail program. I made an appointment with Apple and then I noticed a short squigly line in mailboxes on the left side of mail right where it tells me the number of emails I have new in my inbox. I clicked on it and it disappeared and lo and behold all my mail came pouring in. What is that squigly line - anyone know?

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

It's telling you that that mailbox is offline. You can click on it to go online, or go to Mailbox on the menubar and go online from there.

3. garyjcarr thread starter macrumors member

garyjcarr

thanks.

does this just apply to receiving mail as I was able to send mail. And if I was offline how would I be able to? Also what causes you to go offline while the computer is sleeping?
    Thanks,
    Gary

4. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

This happens to me regularly with RoadRunner accounts. I just leave it alone until it fixes itself, as you found out. Never tried sending when it was down, though.