Mailapp app switching bug on jb iphone 4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by phonehead6720, Aug 5, 2010.

1. phonehead6720 macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone, I've noticed a bug in the default mail app since jailbreaking. Not sure if anyone else has noticed. After a certain time period, the mail app always seems to revert back to the global inbox view. For example, I have 2 different email addresses, when I open the mail app and go into one of them (gmail for example) then go into the inbox. Then I lock the iphone and check maybe 10 minutes later. When I come back in I will be in the global inbox, not the gmail inbox. I will have to go backwards, choose the gmail account, then inbox again. This is very frustrating and definitely started after jailbreaking. Any thoughts on how to fix / what could be causing this? Also curious if everyone else is experiencing (not sure of the timeframe for it to revert back to global inbox, it's not instantaneous but definitely happens every time). Thanks.

2. systimax macrumors newbie

I have seen it. It wants to default to my gmail account instead of my work account.

3. Baggy Spandex macrumors 6502

Baggy Spandex

I havethis same issue. I even started a thread on it yesterday.

4. LoneWolf121188 macrumors 6502a

I sometimes have this problem too. It'll default to my gmail account (the first one listed) instead of the global view.

5. xcel360 macrumors regular

Same problem here. Always defaults to my main email address. And about 1 out of 10 times I open email app to check emails the app will crash.

Trying figure out if it's a certain app that I installed or if this is a jailbreak bug.

Anyone had this problem and fixed it or know the cause?

6. phonehead6720 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so seems like everyone has this bug once jailbroken, anyone smarter than us out there that knows why or potentially how to fix? Thanks.

7. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

this has been happening to me since stock. its very annoying.

does anyone know a easy way to get the mail account you want "on the top" as a work around in the meantime??

8. thep33t macrumors regular

I do not think this will help. Mine defaults to my second email account.

*edit*

Nevermind, it is my first Email account. I am an idiot.

9. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

i'll tell you what didnt work ;)
    my accounts are like this
    yahoo
    gmail

i want gmail to open by default... but it keeps opening yahoo right away instead...

so i removed yahoo, and added it back in, figuring it would go to the bottom, and it did not...

i really dont want to go through the hassle of turning off google sync and setting the phone back up again to move it up...