Mailbox by Dropbox: What's Happening?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mivara, Nov 4, 2015.

1. mivara macrumors regular

mivara

I love the Mailbox app. In particular the iOS version with gestures, a slick interface and what not but the beta for OS X is alright too. And it really appeals to me that I can use the same app on my cellphone and on my laptop.

BUT BUT BUT ... that's it with the praising.

I don't even know where to start with the bad things.

1) No info and/or feedback

There's plenty of places for Dropbox to drop information about the app in generel, bug fixes, the beta end and so on: various Twitter accounts, formal support e-mails, forums etc. But they (Dropbox) couldn't care less it seems. They don't answer on Twitter. They don't answer to e-mails. The users are being left furious and confused on the forums.

2) Will the beta ever end?

The OS X app has been a beta version for a while now. Minor updates are coming now and then but as far as I know it will be a beta version forever.

3) Soooo many bugs

There's a lot of bugs in especially the OS X app. Swiping doesn't work from time to time, lists don't work, the search function live a life of it's own, images can't be seen etc.

All in all it's a joke. But it's also a shame. Mailbox really has potential. So do any of you guys know what's going on? Perhaps I've been looking for information about it in the wrong places.

2. spitf1r3 macrumors regular

spitf1r3

Same story as always. Great product startup gets acquired by a big company, which promises to keep it alive and maybe even develop it.
    In reality it never happens (see Sparrow+Gmail)
    Just give up, and switch to something like Mail Pilot (iOS version).

3. mivara thread starter macrumors regular

mivara

Yeah, it's just hard to that when you finally find the mail app for your dreams ;) Haha. And the iOS version is working well actually.

4. spitf1r3 macrumors regular

spitf1r3

BTW: Airmail is a great mail app for OS X with iOS version in beta (am testing it and it looks promising).