mailbox not downloading images in e-mails

rmw49

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2011
hey,

when i get e-mails, images that are included in the e-mail's body do not appear. i can see a grey-ish frame where they should be, and a question mark in the middle.
Is there not a "Load images" icon at the top right of the message which you can click on?

MacGizmo

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
You most likely have image display turned off in the Mail preferences by default. As already mentioned, you can click the button in the top right to turn them on with each individual email if you don't want to change the preferences.

The other possibility (which is impossible for me to guess without knowing exactly how the email is being sent) is that the email itself is nothing more than an HTML page being sent via email and the images actually live on a server. If this is the case, it's possible that the images have been removed or the path has changed on the server.

Rossatron

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
You most likely have image display turned off in the Mail preferences by default. As already mentioned, you can click the button in the top right to turn them on with each individual email if you don't want to change the preferences.

The other possibility (which is impossible for me to guess without knowing exactly how the email is being sent) is that the email itself is nothing more than an HTML page being sent via email and the images actually live on a server. If this is the case, it's possible that the images have been removed or the path has changed on the server.
that seems like the answer as image display is on, and i got another mail (different sender) and the images there load ok