iPhone Mailbox not pushing emails?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by TL24, May 23, 2013.

1. TL24 macrumors 6502a

TL24

Anyone else having issues with Mailbox not pushing your emails?

If I leave it alone for a whole day and check my Gmail account I can see numerous emails that I was never notified of in Mailbox?

2. jargon51 macrumors 6502

Yes, as of this morning none of my e-mails are being pushed to my phone. Very annoying. I have deleted my account then added it back and still nothing.

Any suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

3. RichP74 macrumors regular

Google's push e-mail is essentially broken. I got sick of it a couple weeks ago and transitioned to outlook.com.

4. TheAppleSource macrumors regular

TheAppleSource

Mailbox is still working well for me. I normally get push notifications through Mailbox quicker than I receive them on my iMac through Sparrow.

That said, I've had times in the past when push notifications have bene awfully slow, but strangely not with Mailbox. Normally they seem to just sort themselves out, from personal experience.

5. TL24 thread starter macrumors 6502a

TL24

That sucks, I hate having to manually refresh to see my emails, what's the point of setting up your email of they can't even get push emails right? Smh...

I love gmail and I don't see myself transitioning over to outlook.com so I guess I'll wait and see what Mailbox does next.

6. saberahul macrumors 68040

Pushes for me and I've been using since release. There is a setting to notify you of new emails under settings… may want to see that. Also should see notification settings under Settings.app. Gmail still pushes emails - it just doesn't push via the method implemented in iOS mail (exchange).

7. LbSigman macrumors member

My iPhone 5 (VZ) and my wife's 4S (VZ) are experiencing the same problem which seemed to of started early on the 24th.

She has a corporate Gmail account with her work and I'm just a standard user.

Tagging this thread for any updates.

8. TL24 thread starter macrumors 6502a

TL24

Yeah I made sure that everything was configured properly but that isn't the issue. Mailbox used to push my gmail emails just fine up until recently so I'm not exactly sure what happened here.

9. saberahul macrumors 68040

Ran into trouble yesterday but today it's working… I'm moving back to gmail app.