iPhone Mailbox not pushing emails?

TL24

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Anyone else having issues with Mailbox not pushing your emails?

If I leave it alone for a whole day and check my Gmail account I can see numerous emails that I was never notified of in Mailbox?

jargon51

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2010
Yes, as of this morning none of my e-mails are being pushed to my phone. Very annoying. I have deleted my account then added it back and still nothing.

Any suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

RichP74

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
Google's push e-mail is essentially broken. I got sick of it a couple weeks ago and transitioned to outlook.com.

TheAppleSource

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
United Kingdom
Mailbox is still working well for me. I normally get push notifications through Mailbox quicker than I receive them on my iMac through Sparrow.

That said, I've had times in the past when push notifications have bene awfully slow, but strangely not with Mailbox. Normally they seem to just sort themselves out, from personal experience.

TL24

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
That sucks, I hate having to manually refresh to see my emails, what's the point of setting up your email of they can't even get push emails right? Smh...

I love gmail and I don't see myself transitioning over to outlook.com so I guess I'll wait and see what Mailbox does next.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Anyone else having issues with Mailbox not pushing your emails?

If I leave it alone for a whole day and check my Gmail account I can see numerous emails that I was never notified of in Mailbox?
Pushes for me and I've been using since release. There is a setting to notify you of new emails under settings… may want to see that. Also should see notification settings under Settings.app. Gmail still pushes emails - it just doesn't push via the method implemented in iOS mail (exchange).

LbSigman

macrumors member
May 31, 2009
My iPhone 5 (VZ) and my wife's 4S (VZ) are experiencing the same problem which seemed to of started early on the 24th.

She has a corporate Gmail account with her work and I'm just a standard user.

Tagging this thread for any updates.

TL24

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Pushes for me and I've been using since release. There is a setting to notify you of new emails under settings… may want to see that. Also should see notification settings under Settings.app. Gmail still pushes emails - it just doesn't push via the method implemented in iOS mail (exchange).
Yeah I made sure that everything was configured properly but that isn't the issue. Mailbox used to push my gmail emails just fine up until recently so I'm not exactly sure what happened here.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Yeah I made sure that everything was configured properly but that isn't the issue. Mailbox used to push my gmail emails just fine up until recently so I'm not exactly sure what happened here.
Ran into trouble yesterday but today it's working… I'm moving back to gmail app.