Mailboxes moved

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by TerenceW, Apr 17, 2016.

1. TerenceW macrumors member

Hi All,

A very odd thing which is irritating me... Just got a new iMac27" 2 TB fusion, 32gb Ram and all is going nicely except for the fact that Mail has suddenly placed 'On my Mac' at the top of the list above 'Inbox' and not matter what I try I can't refer to 'Inbox' being at the top.

Anybody else encountered this and does anybody know how to fix it?

Advice will be appreciated!

Terence

2. chabig macrumors 68040

3. TerenceW thread starter macrumors member

That's what I thought... but it doesn't work. You can move individual mailboxes but not the heading. I have 10 under 'Inbox' and 6 under 'On my Mac'

4. TerenceW thread starter macrumors member

5. chabig macrumors 68040

That's weird. Even Mail Help says you should be able to drag. Search Mail help for "Move or copy mailboxes". I don't see anything that locks your mailbox list. Perhaps try logging out and back in. Failing that, restart. Failing that, repair permissions?

6. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

Are you confusing the "unified" Inbox with an account Inbox? The top Inbox is a smart folder showing the contents of all the account Inboxes that are shown under Inbox.

7. TerenceW thread starter macrumors member

No... originally 'Inbox' was the first file in email and 'On my Ac' was next. Now it's the other way round. All the files within each unification are ok. I've kind of got used to it now though...