mails problems-receive half written from me

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iamvincent, Feb 7, 2010.

1. iamvincent macrumors member

Hey folks,

When i compose me emails using mail app ( i linked my gmail with mail app), i will automatically receive emails in gmail account, and contents of the emails are the non-finished email i am right composing. Anyone knows why it happens and how to fix it? Thx in advance

btw: everytime after i use mail app, my gmail webpage will automatically generate another label '[imap:drafts]', how to prevent that from happening?

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I think your two problems are related. The half finished emails you are receiving are auto-saved drafts. I this will stop if you go to Mail prefs and uncheck "Store Draft on Server."

3. iamvincent thread starter macrumors member

Thank you so much!! problem solved.
    can i ask another question pls? is mail app junk filter good? cause i never used this before, and afraid that i will filter away some nonjunk important ones.

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Junk filter works well for me... but you have to watch it at first until you get some junk through to "train" it. At first I noticed some legit mail got put in junk folder.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Mail's junk mail filter is excellent. However, you cannot just turn it on and expect it to stop all junk and allow all legitimate messages through on Day 1.

The filter must first be trained. While in training mode, the user must manually correct the filter's errors. When those errors drop to near zero (0), then you can take it out of training mode. However, junk mail is not just one thing. It changes and adapts to junk mail filters. Periodically, you may have to return to training mode if junk mail increases its success rate.

6. iamvincent thread starter macrumors member

Thx for the thorough explanation. How can turn my mail app to training mode, pls? and where can i go check the error rate? Is it just select 'not junk' when it promps one line saying "mail thinks this mail is junk mail"?

7. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

There is a pref setting to auto move junk to junk folder as opposed to leaving it in inbox so you can see it. You may want to leave it in inbox at first to make sure you don't miss anything.

8. iamvincent thread starter macrumors member

thanks! gotcha