Main macbook alum issues - help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by latogoga, Jan 8, 2009.

1. latogoga macrumors member

Hi macrumors community this is miy first post.

I need some help i'm going to buy a macbook alum 2.4 but I live in Colombia. I'm travelling to the US to spend some time there and to buy my lappy:) because here in colombia the $1600 model would cost me like $2600:mad:

so the question is which are the main issues one should check just after unpackaging?? I don't want to return home and find out there's something wrong with my laptop, there's no apple store in colombia to use the warranty:( only authorized resellers.

The main issue i've heard of is slanted keys...

thanks!

2. Slowstick macrumors 6502

I am not sure I understand... if it is new, nothing should be wrong with it.

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Theres a 0.1% chance you'll find something wrong and that 0.1% is on this forum which is why you think the laptops plagued with problems but really it isnt. If it breaks, dont worry about being near an Apple store, Apple will send a courier to collect it from your home, take it, fix it, and post it back if its still under warranty.

4. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Probably watch out for any dead pixels, noises when closing the lid, check if the battery case is loose or not but not all the times you'll find problems on the MB..You'll just have to use it. If there's a problem replace it if it's under 14 days or go to a local apple store and have them fix for you under your one year warranty. Best advice is to get applecare...Incase your MB runs into any problems in the future...

5. latogoga thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Kastenbrust and Solemony i'll check those problems, but, I live in Colombia, South America, and there's no apple store here! i don't think apple would send someone to pick it up:( there are only authorized resellers.