Main page freezing in Safari 11

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by elfxmilhouse, Oct 2, 2017.

1. elfxmilhouse macrumors 6502a

I recently noticed that the main macrumors.com page does not load on Safari 11. It started happening about a week ago.

I can access the forums and other pages fine its just the main page that causes safari to freeze. It loads about 50-70 of the page and sometimes I can scroll but it always causes the spinning wheel and a freeze. I can recover by closing the tab.

With Chrome v61 it loads fine on the same computer, a MacBook Pro 2016 with High Sierra.

Anyone else see similar behavior?

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I just started seeing this behavior today. If the main page fully loads and I attempt to click on a link, I get the spinning beachball. I have to force quit the page. This behavior does not happen in Chrome. This is the only website that I have had this happen.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I'm not seeing that at all on the exact same setup you have. Do you maybe have an extension installed causing problems?

4. elfxmilhouse thread starter macrumors 6502a

I thought that too but it was still happening with extensions disabled. I just tried it today and no more issues. I didn't change anything since the last time.

maybe there was an asset in an article or ad that was causing it?

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Could be. Let us know if it comes back.