Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elfxmilhouse

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Northeast USA
I recently noticed that the main macrumors.com page does not load on Safari 11. It started happening about a week ago.

I can access the forums and other pages fine its just the main page that causes safari to freeze. It loads about 50-70 of the page and sometimes I can scroll but it always causes the spinning wheel and a freeze. I can recover by closing the tab.

With Chrome v61 it loads fine on the same computer, a MacBook Pro 2016 with High Sierra.

Anyone else see similar behavior?

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I just started seeing this behavior today. If the main page fully loads and I attempt to click on a link, I get the spinning beachball. I have to force quit the page. This behavior does not happen in Chrome. This is the only website that I have had this happen.

elfxmilhouse

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Northeast USA
I'm not seeing that at all on the exact same setup you have. Do you maybe have an extension installed causing problems?

I thought that too but it was still happening with extensions disabled. I just tried it today and no more issues. I didn't change anything since the last time.

maybe there was an asset in an article or ad that was causing it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.