main reason for exchanging out phone at apple store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rolfiesb, Oct 13, 2007.

1. rolfiesb macrumors newbie

has anyone exchanged your iphone at the store for a new one, what was your reason? i've exchanged mine a few times because the map applications frequently crashed. anyone else?

2. thirdeyeopen666 macrumors 6502

thirdeyeopen666

I exchanged 4 iPhones because of negative black issues. This is after exchanging 5 touches for the same thing. Incredibly infuriating and a total waste of time.

3. rolfiesb thread starter macrumors newbie

what if the phone has slight scuffs and scratches? will they still allow an exchange if the phone is acting up?

4. Macsterling macrumors regular

Macsterling

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A109a Safari/419.3)

yes they will. My first phone was all banged up from dropping it a couple times. They first just gave me a replacement phone which I was fine with then when that one started messing up they just gave me a brand new one out of the box which was really cool. They always take care of me. Also the first one I replaced with all the dings on it was purchased on launch day at AT&T.

My latest phone they gave me was already updated to 1.1.1 and battery was fully charged. I think this one will be fine since its the most current out of their phones.

5. rolfiesb thread starter macrumors newbie

what did your first iphone do to make you have to exchange it?

6. Macsterling macrumors regular

Macsterling

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A109a Safari/419.3)

my battery was draining really fast