Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rolfiesb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
has anyone exchanged your iphone at the store for a new one, what was your reason? i've exchanged mine a few times because the map applications frequently crashed. anyone else?

thirdeyeopen666

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2007
has anyone exchanged your iphone at the store for a new one, what was your reason? i've exchanged mine a few times because the map applications frequently crashed. anyone else?

I exchanged 4 iPhones because of negative black issues. This is after exchanging 5 touches for the same thing. Incredibly infuriating and a total waste of time.

rolfiesb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
what if the phone has slight scuffs and scratches? will they still allow an exchange if the phone is acting up?

Macsterling

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2007
Dallas
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A109a Safari/419.3)

rolfiesb said:
what if the phone has slight scuffs and scratches? will they still allow an exchange if the phone is acting up?

yes they will. My first phone was all banged up from dropping it a couple times. They first just gave me a replacement phone which I was fine with then when that one started messing up they just gave me a brand new one out of the box which was really cool. They always take care of me. Also the first one I replaced with all the dings on it was purchased on launch day at AT&T.

My latest phone they gave me was already updated to 1.1.1 and battery was fully charged. I think this one will be fine since its the most current out of their phones.

Macsterling

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2007
Dallas
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A109a Safari/419.3)

rolfiesb said:
what did your first iphone do to make you have to exchange it?

my battery was draining really fast

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.