Mainstage 2 won't start up after install and D/L the basic extra content?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 21stcenturykid, Feb 3, 2012.

1. 21stcenturykid macrumors 6502

Hi all,

Just bought mainstage 2 yesterday off the mac store and downloaded it. I click on it to start using it and it tells me i need to download 2.0Gb of content to work. Fine (my internet is terrible so this then takes ages).

Finishes download about 23:30 yesterday evening. Put my password in to install the notification disapeers as if it's completed installation. Click on MS2 to start it up.... and it needs to download the same 2.0GB of data again.
    Clearly the installation didn't work as it should and the data was not saved for whatever reason.

So i download the extra content again. Same thing happens after 8 hours of waiting for the download.

So I've come here. Any idea how to fix this or who to contact? Theres no obvious way to contact apple about this on the mainstage support site either...

I'm on a 2010 Quad Core Mac Pro on 10.6.8

Thanks.

2. thedavidlehr macrumors newbie

I'm having the exact same problem! Have you had any success in getting it fixed?

I tried repairing my permissions in disk utility, but that didn't fix it! I've been searching google like crazy triyng to find a solution!

I'm running Lion 10.7.2

3. 21stcenturykid thread starter macrumors 6502

Well first I contacted the Mac App Store support people and they just reset it in the app store so I could download it again... which I could have done myself by just deleting it from my computer...

So, delete mainstage from your mac, download it again from the app store and try again. That's all I did and it worked. Just so you know, once its downloaded the extra 2GB it won't open an installer for that content, the load bar just keeps moving across to the right till it's finished. But it will give you a confirmation its installed once it's finished. Will also ask straight away if you want to download the other 19GB of free stuff. I'd suggest doing so, Mainstage is however, functional before doing that.