Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

petrucci666

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Hi everyone,

I downloaded Mainstage 2 off of the Mac App Store recently and I seem to have a bit of a problem. When I try to load a patch or preset, very often this message (or a similar one, depending on the instrument) appears:

I paid for the app but feel like I was sold a partial product. Anyone know a way to fix it, except for re-downloading it?

Thanks!

Jolly Jimmy

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
Is there a "Download additional content" item in the Mainstage menu? This is where you get the samples and instruments in Logic, I suspect it's similar in Mainstage.

Comment

petrucci666

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Is there a "Download additional content" item in the Mainstage menu? This is where you get the samples and instruments in Logic, I suspect it's similar in Mainstage.

Yes, there is an option to download additional content, but I thought that's exectly it - Additional Content.

These instruments I'm missing should be part of the 'fundamental package' so to speak.

Comment

Jolly Jimmy

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
It's so you can choose exactly what you want. There are tens of gigs of downloads-- it would be a pain for it to all download automatically (could take days on some connections), only for you to find you don't need the half of it.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.