Maintenance for MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by naftalim, Apr 27, 2008.

1. naftalim macrumors 6502

Hi,

What are you using for maintenance on your MBA? I have Leaopard Cache Cleaner, Onyx and Cocktail on my iMac. What would be suggested for the MBA?

Thanks

2. glitch44 macrumors 65816

Why would the MBA require anything special? It's still just OS X, so whatever you use on your IMac should be fine.

3. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

I use Cocktail for my MBP and MBA. Thats it...and I have had no problems so far.

4. naftalim thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I was looking for the one with the smallest footprint.

5. zlinger macrumors member

I use iDefrag for defragmentation. OSX does not defrag well enough. Boot up times are faster, and applications more responsive now. I was concerned that my system was slowing after two months of use, but now it is as good as new, maybe even better.

6. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

do you do a full defrag or just the online one? I noticed without a optical drive, I cannot do a full defrag.

You do realize, instead of a defrag, you can do a Time Restore backup and it'll essentially be a defrag also.

7. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

FYI: for those with the SSD, fragmentation will not affect the performance of a solid-state drive.

Of course, you don't typically need to defrag even conventional drives under OS X unless you keep them very full.