Majesty 2 over Hamachi?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Tonsko, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Tonsko macrumors 6502

Tonsko

Hi all,

Just tried to play this with a friend, and it seemed a little reluctant to play over internet.

Thinking I was clever, I turned to Hamachi, that stalwart of vlans for PC games sometimes. Installed Hamachi, set up the vlan, could ping/chat with each other. Started Majesty 2, tested creating hosts from either direction, but neither of us could see the lan game in the server browser.

Theorising about it, I'm thinking that M2 will look at the 'real' IP address of the machine rather than the virtual one created by hamachi...so in network settings, I set the IP address of my wireless to the hamachi virtual IP- then got stuck as to what gateway IP address I should use, as the connection was a direct one over the hamachi vlan. Also, I obviously lost facetime connection with my friend, as 'proper' internet connectivity was lost, so could not help him set up his connection to check if it would work.

So 3 things:

Has anyone tried to get this working?

and:

Am I thinking along the right lines with setting my wireless IP as the hamachi one to 'fool' M2 into routing over Hamachi rather than 'real' IP.

If so:

Is there a way to get applications on OSX to use a virtual IP instead of the real IP for routing?

Thanks

2. Tonsko thread starter macrumors 6502

Tonsko

3. RabbiD, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011

RabbiD macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm using Hamachi on Mac to play minecraft with my friends. To be honest it works fine, the only problem is when my friends in the network getting their signal through relay tunnel which basically equals to LAGS for them.
    I didn't really do anything (downloaded free version with no registration).
    What I think is that usually you got your IP in the hamachi's window but you have to add the ending yourself (for example ip in hamachi xx.xx.xxx.xx and I and everyone who wants to connect have to add :25565 because 25565 is minecraft server thing which is on any server.)
    I hope it is clear. Check if you need to add any extra numbers at the end of the IP address just in case (for example look at someone else address in game)

Have you tried to use port map? Its a program for finding IP's as well...
    There are few more, I just can't remember...

----------

quick update, found this:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?338844-Hamachi-Servers

4. Tonsko thread starter macrumors 6502

Tonsko

Hi, thanks for your reply. You're adding this number in Minecraft server browser? Majesty 2 doesn't allow you to add by IP, unfortunately. If that's not what you meant, then apologies.