Major 1.1.4 SMS bug

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mac2mac, Mar 5, 2008.

1. mac2mac macrumors member

I recently found a major bug on the iPhone running firmware 1.1.4:
    I received a text on my iPhone, and the screen lit up and displayed the text message preview whilst still on the lock screen as normal.

Then when i picked it up, the iPhone rebooted, without showing the black shutdown screen (spinning wheel), it just went straight to the white apple on black screen display, (the one which is displayed when an iPhone is turned on).

So when it loaded up my text was gone!!! i was really annoyed!!!:mad:

Things to note:
    Its not happened before,
    I'm definite i received a text
    and i didn't turn it off by accident.

2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

ive had a big issue with 1.1.4 where my phone was locking up every other min ... ... this is the only update thats given me any big issues ...

3. alisoul macrumors newbie

shortly after updating to 1.1.4 i could no longer wake the iphone up. if i plugged it in to charge, it would turn on like normal and i could unlock and use. if i were to charge it, but remove it from the dock without unlocking it the screen would turn back off and i could not wake it.

once i got the iphone unlocked, if i then hit the sleep button, it would correctly go to sleep but it would not wake back up.

however, this has not happened since, and i am still on 1.1.4

4. Starflyer macrumors 6502a

Starflyer

5. mac2mac thread starter macrumors member

Thats a good Point actually you should always restore when you have a problem. Ive restored now anyway lets hope i don't get this problem again