Major Airplay bug on Apple TV 4

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jonnyb098, Mar 9, 2016.

1. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

Problem: I often play music using the music app on Apple TV. I will then come back hours or days later to Airplay music from my iPhone or iPad. After usually 30 seconds, airplay cuts off and continues playing whatever I was listening to on the Apple TV Music app.......frustrating as hell. Only way to stop it is the force quit the music app. Its like the Apple TV music app gets number one priority which is stupid when trying to use airplay for music.

Anyone else notice this? I swear these kinds of stupid bugs are beyond ridiculous. And I dont think what I'm doing is some weird phenomenon.

Typical Scenario: I come home and use the Siri remote to say "play some classic rock". Jam along for a couple hours. Go to bed and wake up and pull out my phone and pick some music to play over airplay. Then my whole problem above happens.

2. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

Doesn't happen to me, maybe my setup is different -- I subscribe to iTunes Match (not Apple Music) and my library plays without interruption whether from the ATV or AirPlayed through my iPhone.