Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackdanny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
Just got my MBP and I'm loving it so far.. BUT theres one thing thats annoying the hell out of me. I have my trackpad set up so that I can right click things with a two finger tap/mouse click combo.

So far so good.. The bad part comes using files/folders on the Desktop. If I right click in this method more than two consecutive times, the folder I'm working with automatically closes and the desktop goes blank for a second. Bugging the hell out of me at the moment! Just wondering if this is a bug with the trackpad or in OSX 10.4.10 itself? Anyone else had this prob and know how to resolve it?

Try it yourself! Just right click on a couple of folders/files on the desktop. Does it screw up on the third go? Hope to hear some responses soon :)

kwood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
In the Great White North.
Mine works fine and displays the usual right click menu regardless the amount of time I click with two fingers. It sounds like Finder is Crashing and relaunching.

Try restarting, if the problem continues to happen then try in another user account to see if it the problem is preference related.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
If I double tap a few times it just keeps bringing up the right-click option.

Nothing else happens.

Sbrocket

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2007
/dev/null
You're experiencing a Finder crash. Do you have Stuffit Deluxe installed? Stuffit Deluxe is incompatible with OSX and causes crashes when right-clicking because of shoddy programming on SmithMicro's part -- its their problem. If you don't, check to see if you have any other InputManagers installed in "/Library/InputManagers/" or "~/Library/InputManagers/" These types of Finder crash problems are often caused by buggy InputManagers.

jackdanny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
You're experiencing a Finder crash. Do you have Stuffit Deluxe installed? Stuffit Deluxe is incompatible with OSX and causes crashes when right-clicking because of shoddy programming on SmithMicro's part -- its their problem. If you don't, check to see if you have any other InputManagers installed in "/Library/InputManagers/" or "~/Library/InputManagers/" These types of Finder crash problems are often caused by buggy InputManagers.

thanks Sbrocket! i totally uninstalled Stuffit and now the problem has gone away:) Never wouldve thought Stuffit to be blame for that though. Apparantly theres a fix for it now but I shant bother with it anymore now! Cheers again..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.