Major battery drain in 5S after IOS 8 download

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jeffrub, Oct 7, 2014.

1. jeffrub macrumors newbie

My 5S battery life was fine until I downloaded IOS 8.02. Before the download I could go all day with normal use and I would still have 50% power left. Now the battery drains to 10% in less than 3 hours with hardly any usage. I let it drain all the way down and then recharged it, and then recalibrated it to no avail Is there some kind of a bug in IOS 8.02 that it causing this major battery drain? Am I the only one that this is happening to?

2. XT550 macrumors regular

XT550

If you just did an update to 8.0.2 now it's a good time to restore your phone.
    Try a normal restore first and see how it goes

3. iksyaj macrumors newbie

iksyaj

I did update my iPhone 5s to iOS 8.0.2, 2 days ago. I haven't seen any issue yet. Battery is still doing good. You can check battery usage on settings to know what apps drain your battery. :)

4. mofunk macrumors 68020

mofunk

Yup same here. I noticed a lot of apps were turned on in Notifications. Go to settings and check to see what notifications are on. Turn them all off.

It took me a week to get my 5s battery back to normal. I did a Restore (holding down home button and on/off button). Only charged from the wall unit. No charging with my Mac. Turn it off after you get a 100% full charge.