Major battery issue fix: Revert to iOS 6 clean install, then clean install iOS 7?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yes I know that apparently installing clean into iOS7 improves battery, but what about installing clean to iOS 6 and then immediately after doing a clean install of iOS 7???
And the point of that would be what (over just a clean install of iOS 7 directly)?

----------

This is what Ive read, does it work? I guess I will try it out!

**THEN not than
How do you know what Ive does (and what he does it for)?

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
And the point of that would be what (over just a clean install of iOS 7 directly)?

----------

How do you know what Ive does (and what he does it for)?
Lol I don't know this is what I read.. Some people don't do a clean install when installing ios6

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Lol I don't know this is what I read.. Some people don't do a clean install when installing ios6
Most of the folks not doing a clean install are because they torrented the software and it won't work if they restore.

I suppose doing a clean iOS 6, activate and then update to 7 would work for them.

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010
After the beta was released I installed the beta and it upgraded the OS. So after a couple days I reinstalled it and set it up as a new phone/clean install.

Battery life was MUCH better for a day or two then it was back to crap. I uninstalled t and went back to iOS 6 until beta is released

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
I'm thinking of doing that also will give it another try but again it's a beta and not meant to use on regular basis, this is the truth of it all.