MAJOR Buying Decision Need Help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MattGTO, Jul 17, 2008.

1. MattGTO macrumors regular

MattGTO

Hey guys...I run Windows XP on a 2004 Emachines PC (please, don't say anything ;)). I don't like it, but its what I have. I am going to get some money in the coming months, and I have been debating buying a couple of things.

I already have an iPod Touch, and some LG phone that works, but I really want the new iPhone...but right now it looks like to get a white 16gig (I went to the Apple store today, they almost had more white 16's than blacks), it would cost me at least $1000 for a year of service, phone included.

Then it occurred to me that I could get a Mac mini for $599...and I seriously need to update my PC, and getting a Mac would really, really, really be awesome...

So, should I get the iPhone, or the Mac?

2. macworkerbee macrumors 6502

If you already have a phone that you can live with and an ipod touch, I don't see the point in investing in an iphone. The computer sounds like a much better deal for your money.

3. TheReef macrumors 68000

TheReef

Go for the Mac mini.

It hasn't been updated in a while which could either mean the mini is about to be dropped (runout prices perhaps?), or a new faster model will come out.

As the above poster said you already have the phone, and you also have the touch, your money on a new mac would get new the most value.

4. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

The touch is awesome. I would say go for the mac, and a touch down the line when there is a refresh (possibly in sept).

5. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

Get the mini!! You have a phone and iTouch so your set! You can get about $250 on eBay if you part it. I had a 2004 eMachines and I got $125 for just the motherboard!! Good luck !