Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scandalus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2014
So I was just using iOS 8, and I turned on iCloud to try and mess around with some of the feature that require being logged into iCloud. I turned essentially everything off (upload pictures to cloud, ect.) and when I looked at my usage it was skyrocketing like 2mb/s! When I turned it off it stopped, but ended up eating into a few hundred MB for the month. I don't really get why that happened when I just disabled everything, should I wait until I'm on wifi or something to turn it on? Or will it constantly do this once I leave wifi?

Cell providers are gonna love this beta :rolleyes:

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
So I was just using iOS 8, and I turned on iCloud to try and mess around with some of the feature that require being logged into iCloud. I turned essentially everything off (upload pictures to cloud, ect.) and when I looked at my usage it was skyrocketing like 2mb/s! When I turned it off it stopped, but ended up eating into a few hundred MB for the month. I don't really get why that happened when I just disabled everything, should I wait until I'm on wifi or something to turn it on? Or will it constantly do this once I leave wifi?

Cell providers are gonna love this beta :rolleyes:

It's a beta, a less than 24 hours old beta, yeah things are going to be messed up. And yes it might do this until the next beta version comes out. Turn off your cell data completely and that should handle the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.