Major input lag on Thunderbolt Display with rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by creationtwenty2, May 10, 2013.

1. creationtwenty2 macrumors member

Hey there,

I've been using a Thunderbolt display with my 15" rMBP for a few months without problem, but today I installed BootCamp as I've gotta switch to some Windows only software for a few client jobs.

I'm experiencing major input lag on the mouse/keyboard which isn't present in OS X.

I have the mouse/keyboard hooked up to a USB/HUB and then into the TBD, then into the Mac.

Admittedly I guess that's a fairly long signal chain but as I said, no problems at all in OS X, yet every few seconds in Windows, the mouse freezes up for a half-second or so.

Is there any way to eliminate this but maintain the USB setup I have?

Unfortunately I need more USB inputs than the TBD/MBP provide for mouse/keyboard/software dongles and hard-drives.

Thanks

2. Purant macrumors 6502

What you are describing is some sort of stuttering (every few seconds...) and not input lag.

I'm afraid I can't help you though, I have no idea about the cause.

3. creationtwenty2 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I didn't really know what to call it. Stuttering is probably a better description.

It was working fine for an hour or so, then it started happening again. Oddly, it doesn't appear to be linked to any processes in particular, or under heavy load.